10 Most Dangerous Dog Breeds
Regardless of the breed, we can typically point to a puppy’s upbring to explain significant parts of its personality. However, certain breeds of dog have earned their terrible reputations, often labeled as vicious because of their apparent predisposition to violent interactions with other dogs and humans. Still, it has been suggested that training and domestication could iron out the kinks in the nature of an aggressive canine.
So, almost any breed of dog can be a wonderful companion, but almost any breed of dog can kill. It’s true, though, that certain breeds are most susceptible to falling victim to a powerfully aggressive nature, and with a combination of improper care and the physical attributes and characteristics of a violent breed, these ten most dangerous breeds of dogs cause a higher number of injuries and fatalities than any other.
1. Pit Bull
Pit Bull is one of the dangerous dog breeds in the world which types include Stafford shire bull terrier, American Pit Bull Terrier, and American Stafford shire terrier. The Pit Bull dog breed is very difficult to identify through its physical characteristics even experts may face difficulty to visually recognize the dog breeds. Pit Bull has various well known types having different behavior and temperament level towards their owners and strangers while some are both independent and stubborn and can’t be inexperienced dog owner may injure or kill other animals.
Pit bulls often attract the worst kind of dog owners because of their power. Especially immoral people who are only interested in these dogs for fighting (which is unacceptable). While pit bulls were once considered especially non-aggressive to any people, their reputation has changed because of unscrupulous breeders and irresponsible owners. In fact, Pit bulls are commonly confident, people-oriented dogs that can develop a strong sense of dependence on their owners.
Facts About Pit Bulls:
- Though these dedicated companions love people more than anything but improper training can sometimes make them aggressive. They can even attack humans if not trained the right way. Otherwise, they won’t harm humans
- 86.8% of American Pit Bull Terriers have passed their temperament tests
- No matter what the task is, when pit bulls are committed to any task, they carry out it with full enthusiasm. It’s often the nature of pit bulls, which make us think that they have locking Jaws especially when they bite on something and refuse to release it that easily
- Pitbulls are widely known for illegal sport of dog fighting
Rottweilers are one of the most popular dog breeds in the world. They are powerful dogs with strong jaws, primarily meant to protect. They generally don’t like strangers and other dogs and if they think their owners are in danger, they can be very dangerous.
This breed is often used as a police dog or guard dog. As an old breed dating as far back, according to historians, to the Roman Empire, Rottweilers have also been used as herding dogs.
Many experts advise Rottweiler owners to seek professional training for their dogs as their strength is an inherent risk, particularly for children. If you choose to have one of these dogs, be sure it is properly socialized and always remain vigilant regarding its temperament.
- Rottweilers fall under “working dog breeds” category. It is one of the widely known Rottweiler facts
- Life expectancy of this dangerous dog breed is around 12 to 14 years
- After completing their first year, Rottweilers are considered as adults. 1 Rottweiler year is equivalent to 16 years of human age. After they complete 2 years, just add 5 years to find its equivalent human age
- Generally, Rottweilers are considered unsuitable for family pet
- Although huskies have nabbed a spot in the list of most dangerous dog breeds, generally they are more friendly towards children, your visitors and other dogs. But again, you should train them properly
- However, factors like improper training, poor socialization and bad social experiences can turn them aggressive
- Due to its high shedding, huskies often don’t suit people who are allergic to dog hairs or want their home to be clean all the time
- Even though their aggressive nature had labeled them to be as one of the dangerous dogs but when they are trained properly, believe me — they are your best companion
- By nature, German Shepherd is fond of food, fun and friends
- These dogs show immense curiosity in exploring their surroundings. If you own one, you must have observed. This inquisitiveness behavior is apparently when he or she is a puppy
- German shepherd can pick up great speed and at the same time can halt all of a sudden without stumbling on anything or its surroundings
- German shepherd is an extreme hair shredder. Even if you brush its hair for every 15 minutes, you will still see hairs floating in air. So brush its hair every day if you want to keep your home hygiene
- Though German Shepherds are subject to suffer from many different types of illnesses, most common one is “hip dysplasia”, which occurs due to poor breeding practices
- Alaskan malamutes are slow learners. So you will need a lot of patience to train these dog breeds
- These dogs are prolific hair shedders. Just bring Alaskan Malamutes to your home and watch how sooner your home is piled with whole lot of hairs
- Alaskan Malamutes have the ability to make variety of sounds in order to convey their needs to you. As these dog breeds enjoy human company, you got to spend plenty of time with them to keep them happy
- They need whole lot of energy, exercise, love and your attention too. Malamutes that lack exercises frequently misbehave & at times can turn dangerous too
- They are ridiculously friendly with well-behaved kids
- These dog breeds insist you to allow them to be a part of your family activities
- These intelligent dog breeds are often referred as “Dogs with a human brain”. Although Doberman pinchers serve you faithfully, you still have to train them properly with your leadership. Else, they assume they are the leaders
- These dogs will do their best when they have something to do. They can even watch TV, help your business and suddenly can sit on your lap too. However, they are completely reserved with strangers.
- Doberman pinchers can do self-estimations. So if your family is being threatened, you don’t have to utter a word. They will automatically sense and do everything to protect you
- As these dogs are highly intelligent and energetic, improper training can cause behavioral issues. This is why it has made my list of dangerous dog breeds.
- These dog breeds are more sensitive to sounds. In fact, they can hear sounds 250 yards away
- Chow Chow dog breed is the only dog breed that has purplish lips and tongue
- Originating in China, Chow Chows are there since 4000 years. Therefore, they are believed to be one of the oldest dog breeds. Some experts believe that these dogs were the very ones to be evolved from wolves.
- Chow Chows are usually stubborn. As they are more dominant, it’s good to train and socialize them when they are young
- Once Chow Chows complete 1 year, they should be considered adults
- “Giant George”, a Great Dane was measured 43-inches tall but it weighed only 245 pounds. It made a Guinness record for being the world’s tallest dog ever. There is a short sweet story about this gentle giant. You can read more about this here: “Top 10 Biggest Dog Breeds in the World”.
- Apartment living is quite fine for this huge dog breed. Just half-an-hour walk a day can keep Great Danes fit
- Great Danes grow rapidly. Within a year, it can grow 6 feet tall
- These dog breeds barely eat their food
- Great Danes are one among emotionally sensitive dog breeds. They won’t respond well to hard training methods. On the other hand, anxiety can easily kill this dog
- You can’t expect a poorly bred Great Dane to be a Scooby Doo friendly anyway
- In United States, Boxers are the sixth most popular dog breeds
- They became popular after WW-II when soldiers brought them home as their pets
- One of the most funny facts about boxers is that they snore loud
- In the past, you could have seen boxers in circus ring performances. The reason: they are intelligent and easily trainable. Thus, people used them to make money
- Originally, these dog breeds were developed in Germany. There they are still used as police dogs
- Boxers are loyal and die to please you. But if you punish them hardly for their wrong behaviors, they will turn worse
- Akitas are loyal and fearless companion for your family
- This dog breed would not back down from challenges in any situation and can’t be frightened so easily
- If you don’t train and socialize them properly, this affectionate yet bold animal can screw up and turn into one of the most dangerous dog breeds