The first things you think about when buying a pet is going to the pet store, finding a breeder, or check out your local animal shelter. All of these are great choices, but I found a wonderful way to find a great pet and you can even find a specific breed in the process.
Want a dog ?Adopt a dog!
This is 8 Reasons to adopt a dog, not buy:
1. When you buy a dog from a pet store, you’re supporting cruel puppy mills. He can’t believe you would ever do that. Not you.
2. You can’t buy love—but you can adopt it from an animal shelter.
3. Most “pre owned” dogs are already house trained.
4. What’s up, doc, er, dog? Shelters and rescue groups often include vaccinations,
microchipping, and spaying or neutering in the adoption fee.
5 .At an animal shelter, you can find a dog to fit your unique personality.
6. You will be rewarded with looks like this and other expressions of gratitude for as long as you both shall live.
7.Six to 8 million—that’s how many dogs are waiting in animal shelters to be adopted every year.
8. Ahhhh, it feels great to know that you saved a life.
Once you adopt that pet it opens up room for another pet that is need of rescue to be rescued. Most rescues have a limit to the amount of pets they will allow to come into the home due to space and the quality of care they can provide. So, when you adopt an animal from a rescue you are giving one animal a great home, and then making room for another to be sent to this loving environment rather than a local animal shelter.
What are you waiting for?